Sunday, June 1, 2008

Savannah Brooke Eck


April 17, 2008, 2:25pm, Savannah Brooke Eck, 6lbs 4ozs, 19.5 inches long.
Here is my labor story. I was home alone, Anthony had just left town that morning heading to California. I called him when my contractions started at 1:45am., he told me to head to the hospital. I did not know what to do. I felt like I had a really bad stomach ache. I waited until 3:00am and drove to the hospital. Once there, they monitored me for 1 hour (dilated to a 2) and then sent me home. The nurse told me to take an Ambien and go to bed. I drove home and laid down and started timing my contractions but after taking the Ambien, timing was nearly impossible. I was dozing in and out. At 9:45am I called my nurse to find out what I should do and while waiting for her to call me back, MY WATER BROKE!! WOOHOO.. I put on some jeans and headed for the hospital. Once there, I was hooked up and ready for delivery. I had an epidural right away and was already dilated to a 7. Within an hours she was here. It was amazing and I am so glad to be a mother. I will share more pictures as she progresses in life.

0 comments: